Saturday, November 16, 2013

God Was At the Marathon!


The coolest thing happened at the Meridian Marathon/Leo Run to Remember today.

My art quilt "Finish by Faith" had been picked to be the prize for the male overall fastest time in the half marathon and to be honest, it wasn't my favorite of the 3 quilts I had donated, but it wasn't my choice. Anyway,  Grace, my 12-year-old, and I went out to the marathon this morning to help Charlyn in the quilt booth. When we got there the runners from the half marathon were starting to finish and Tommy, Charlyn's husband told me that the winner of my quilt was the guy "over there" with all the tattoos. After a few minutes the winner of my quilt came over to where we were standing and asked about the quilts. Tommy pointed out the quilt that would be his prize and he just grinned and pulled up his shirt sleeve. He told us that 2 Timothy 4:7 is his favorite verse and then showed us where he had had it tattooed over most of his upper arm. He took a picture of the quilt (they presented him with the it later) and said he couldn't wait to tell his Mom, she wouldn't believe it.

How cool is that? Talk about a God-incidence.




2 comments:

  1. Nothing is small in God's economy. What a neat time and place to see His action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed is that? God does not play when it comes to His plans. This may become a life long friend to you Kristi.. I wondered where you got the inspiration for that art quilt and now I know... Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete